CRPS Awareness Tart...

Notifications
Clear all

CRPS Awareness Tartan  

RSS

Row Jimmy
(@jimmy)
October 17, 2017 7:04 pm  

Hello all, I was diagnosed with RSD/CRPS over 17 years ago.  It has taken a lot from me and my life is a lot different than I thought it would as 21 year old kid.  Back then, most doctors didn't even know what it was.  I am so happy to see awareness being raised for this terrible disorder we all deal with.  I am daily kilt wearer and just recently thought, why shouldn't there be a CRPS Awareness Tartan?

In case you should be wondering what on earth tartan is, it is what has commonly become known in North America as plaid.  In Victorian times a resurgence in interest in all things Scottish led to the creation of what are now called "clan tartans".  There are quite a few of these tartan patterns that have been created for causes.  It may even be possible to raise money through the sale of items such as scarves, shawls, neck- and bow-ties, wallets, handbags, even kilts.  So, firstly, might there be any interest here?  And if so, what colors would best represent CRPS Awareness?  There is a relatively new tradition of certain colors having specific meaning in the design of a tartan, so that is something to think about.  I happen to be wearing a kilt in Ireland's National tartan as I write this, and it features paired orange stripes, so that theme of orange can be put into the design.

Anybody interested?

Jimmy

Tamtam
(@tamtam)
October 18, 2017 10:26 pm  

something orange/red to represent our for that we feel and the fire we have to fight for a cure a life a pain free moment

ReplyQuote
Family Man
(@fm)
November 3, 2017 2:17 pm  

I was born and raised in Illinois but I am Scottish on my father's side and I think a CRPS tartan is a wonderful idea! I agree that orange and red would be the best pattern to use. 

This is a wonderful idea. 

ReplyQuote
Share: