Forum

Service Dog Rilee F...

Service Dog Rilee Fundraiser  

RSS

lexi.bee515
(@lexi-bee515)
April 23, 2018 10:41 pm  

My name is Alexis and I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. It is in both my arms. My doctors and I decided it would be beneficial to get a service dog. That is when I found little Rilee. She attends the University of Mary Washington with me to learn what it is like to be out in public and behave. At her 3rd puppy checkup, the vet found a heart murmur that wasn't going away. With the vets direction (and follower's donations) we went to CVCA of Richmond and had Rilee's heart scanned. She was diagnosed with a disease called subvalvular aortic stenosis. She only has a moderate form of it, so they gave her medicine to take everyday and directions on keeping her heart from racing. This event was back in January. Rilee will be turning one soon and that is when she needs to get rechecked at the cardiologist. This appointment is incredibly important because the disease can progress as she grows and the most growth is to a year old. That is where we need your help. Rilee is the perfect dog to be by my side while I am struggling with a disease, but she has become more than just a service dog. She has become part of my family and the University of Mary Washington family. With your kind donation, I can ensure she has all the medical clearance and necessities to be both a service and a family dog. Thank you all so much! Any amount will count! 

https://www.gofundme.com/rilee039s-one-year-heart-test

Wondering more about Rilee? Check out her Instagram! @rilee4crps

Roxanne liked
Roxanne
(@roxanne)
Admin Admin
April 24, 2018 4:25 am  

Sending Rilee lots of positive energy & prayers! ❤️

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register